Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Walking With Jesus-Enjoy My Life

Enjoy my life.  The decisions I have made, good and bad, have brought me here.  This is my life and I do not get another.  If there is something that is wrong with my life and if I can change it, I should do my best to change.  By God's grace I will continue to become the person God created me to be. But I need to enjoy the ride.  

Be myself.  I do not have to enjoy what others enjoy. Even if those things are good things. I only have to enjoy what I enjoy.  Even if no one else enjoys that thing or they see it as bad thing.  I am not robbing banks(so to speak) so enjoy.  Enjoy drawing, stand-ups, lifting weights, my dog, rasslin.  I do, so I will.

Don't dislike other people's lives.  The things other people like can get on my nerves, but why should it?   Why anyone would want to listen to Barbra Streisand is beyond me.  And hey, your favorite contemporary Christian album sounds just like all the other contemporary Christian albums you already own.  And how many times can they repeat the same bad theology in a row.  I heard you the first 23 times you sang that phrase.  Anyway, forgetting my point, oh yeah, don't dislike other people's lives. God has really dealt with me about this the past six months.  I am very opinionated.  But God has softened that this year.  I am a lot better now than I was.   So if you like, Go ahead and Rain On My Parade.  Go ahead and  break every chain, break every chain, break every chain, break every chain, break every chain, break every chain....

Don't compare myself to others lives, families, careers, churches.  I am not you, you are not me.  I don't want to be you, you don't want to be me.  You have not been through what I have been through, and vice versa.  So there is no comparison.  So why compare?  My family, career, church, etc has not had the challenges, privileges, opportunities, and time that yours has had, and vice versa.  So why compare?   

So go ahead and enjoy.  Just don't enjoy robbing banks


Can you do me a Favor? If these ideas helped you or made you laugh, would you REACT. Do something. RESPOND. Leave a comment on this post. REPOST. Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or your blog.

No comments: