Tuesday, July 23, 2013

How Dare You Wear Those Shoes

Empathy can be difficult.  I am dealing with my own stuff and don't have time to think about others.  That person that is dealing with their stuff is different from me, so why should I care about their stuff.

It's hard to look at the world from their perspective.  Because they are "other."  They are "them."

I have my own shoes that I bought, paid for, took care of and I don't want to walk in their shoes.  They have let their shoes get run down, they are old, and muddy.  Serves them right for having a hard time walking, look at their shoes.

Do all the rules apply to us?  Well one rule applies to us all, the Golden Rule.  Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.  That rule is connected to the narrow way.  So, I am not following the straight and narrow way, if I am not keeping the golden rule.

So the next time someone is going through their stuff, I should stop and ask myself, "How would I feel if it was me."  I treat myself good when I am going through my own stuff, maybe I should do unto others when they are going through their stuff.

No comments: