Monday, July 22, 2013

Give Me One More Shot



I am not big Alabama fan.  In fact I disliked them back in the early 90's when I listened to country music.  But on my way to church yesterday we had on one of those stations that play worship and inspirational music(what's that all about?).  And this song, "One More Shot" came on.  I had never really paid attention to the song.  But part of my sermon was about giving it all you got as unto the Lord.  So this song inspired me.  I am  happy to say, and still a little ashamed to say, I now have an Alabama song on my itunes list.

Life ain't all that easy I can testify to that.  Life is hard with many challenges and disappointments along the way. 

Give me one more shot I'll give it all I've got. Let me open my eyes to a new sunrise I pray.  I got today.  I got one more chance to live again.  Will I give all today.

Well I'm satisfied just being alive give me one more day.  Lord help me to learn to be content with little or much.

We're only here for awhile so why not smile hey living ain't all that bad.

When I look around there's lots of folks worse off than me. So I just thank the good Lord and ask him please.  So give me one more shot I'll give it all I've got.  Let me open my eyes to a new sunrise I pray

No comments: