Wednesday, September 28, 2011
5 Reminders When Crossing Rivers
-Read Joshua Chapter 4
-Joshua 4:10 Now the priests who carried the ark remained standing in the middle of the Jordan until everything the LORD had commanded Joshua was done by the people, just as Moses had directed Joshua. The people hurried over
1. No matter how many bodies of water you cross, it is always a challenge. Whether it's the Red Sea or the Jordan River. Whether it's leading a group, nurturing your family, or dealing with a crisis, crossing rivers is always daunting.
2. God parts rivers we cross rivers. Do not try and reverse roles.
3. I usually will try and run really fast through a difficult challenge. But when God is holding back the river their is no rush.
4. When the challenge is hard it is easy to halfway do things. But when God is holding back the river I can be use due diligence and gather ever stone that I am suppose to. Slow down, do what's right, don't be panicked, trust God for the outcome.
5. God parts rivers to let those around us know He is powerful. God parts rivers so we will come to give Him the reverence He deserves.