Tuesday, September 27, 2011

You Have Never Been This Way Before



-Read Joshua chapter 3

-The verses that stood out to me tonight were verses 3 and 4.
3 giving orders to the people: “When you see the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, and the Levitical priests carrying it, you are to move out from your positions and follow it. 4 Then you will know which way to go, since you have never been this way before. But keep a distance of about two thousand cubits[a] between you and the ark; do not go near it.”

1. You have never been this way before.

-I many times feel like I am going in a direction I have never been before.

-That is a little bit scarey, many times confusing, and worrisome.

-The good news is you are not bored at all, the bad news is you can't stop yourself from thinking about the uncertainty that lies ahead.

2. Follow the Lord.

-The people could not move until the ark moved, thus the focused presence of God moved.

-I am glad I don't have to make the first move.

-It is critical I read the Word daily.

-It is critical I have silence during the day in God's presence.

-It is critical I pray the prayers(spontaneous prayers, the Psalms, and even pray the prayers that are well written like from The Book of Common Prayer.)

-If I don't do what's critical when I have never been in that direction before, then I am moving ahead of the ark and the Jordan will not part.

3. Stay humble.

-Keep a distance between you and the ark, don't go near it.

-This is not easy, I like to be out front, I think most people do.

-I want to be seen leading the charge.

-God made Joshua great, I dare not try and make myself great.

No comments: