Sunday, January 2, 2011

Practice



-Matt 7:24-27 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. 26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. 27 The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.”

-I will specifically practice part of the Jesus life today, that's the only way to make my life strong.

-Jesus will help me practice part of his life today, he is a great teacher.

-I know I must practice a specific part of Jesus life everyday, you see I have not perfected any of them. But Jesus, the good teacher, will guide me on towards completeness.

-I will practice joy today, that is a main part of the Jesus life. He even faced the cross, joyfully. Although there are many parts of the Jesus life to choose from, peace, love, prayer, faith, giving, patience, grace, service, giving, gentleness, and on and on. I will practice another tomorrow.

-I will cover all of my actions today in a specific part of the Jesus life, joy. I will study, joyfully. Make phone calls, joyfully. Mail some letters, joyfully. I may get everything done, I may not. But joy will cover it all.


-I will practice the Jesus life in private in hope's of taking the Jesus life to the public. I want to show the world the love, joy, peace, faith, grace, etc of Jesus. I guess I better practice.


Practice sermon

No comments: