Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life is Full of Lumps




As my wife was putting my daughters hair in a ponytail earlier this week, my daughter told her, "It has a lump." My wife in her straight forward brilliant way replied, "Life is full of lumps." She completed the ponytail and we walked my daughter to school. My daughter's hair looked good even with the lump(wish I could say the same).

"Life is full of lumps" has stuck with me this week. Life has lumps, unemployment lumps, doctor's reports lumps, deadline lumps, tiredness lumps, family lumps. But our life can still look good with the lumps.

Paul says in II Cor 12:7, Therefore, in order to keep me from becoming conceited, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Paul had a lump in his life.

In Verse 8 he says he pleaded 3 times for God to take it away

God's reply, Vs. 9 My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.

So every time there is a lump, there is grace, which leads to God's power and not my own. I am no good at living under my own power anyway, lumps or not.

No comments: