Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Preach the Word.

I use to go with a college group to feed and minister to the homeless in Orlando Florida. I was still very wet behind the ears when it came to preaching and felt quite nervous and unsure that I could preach. A friend of mine on our ministry team named Jason would slap me on the shoulders, look me right in the eye, and raise his voice and say, "PREACH THE WORD!" His confidence was infectious. His confidence came from the Word not from his self. That lesson has always stuck with me. I often will say to myself before going into the pulpit, "PREACH THE WORD!"

I would encourage all of us when we feel like we cannot make it through our day, our circumstances, and our life to "PREACH THE WORD" to our day, circumstances, and life. Find the confidence you need from God's Word and not yourself. Speak God's truth throughout your day, speaking directly to your day. You don't have to be a master theologian to do this either.

I no longer feel that same nervousness that I felt 11 years ago when it comes to preaching. It is the Word that has brought me this far. I will continue to trust in God's Word to take me where God needs me to go over my next years. I believe you can trust God to do the same for you through his Word.

I love you guys,

In Jesus' Service,

No comments: