Monday, July 17, 2017

A Word Like Rain

Isaiah 40:8 
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever.

Isaiah 55: 10-11
As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.



Everything will fade.  If you don't believe me just look in the mirror.  You did not look that way 10 years ago.  But our souls can be water by something that endures forever.  SOmething that does not fade.  A word from God.

God's Word is three things.  It is first and foremost, Jesus Christ.  He is the Logos, the Logic of God, the Living Word of God. 

Secondly, the word of God is the written word of God, the Scriptures.

Thirdly, the word of God is the spoken word of God.  A word spoken through people who have connected to God through Jesus and the Scriptures.

We need all three parts of the Word of God in our lives.  All three water our souls.  They will last forever

I noticed in the three following Words from God, The Lord's Prayer, Psalms 23, and The Apostles Creed, that each really does not conclude.  They all three close with a phrase letting us know that this Word from God goes on forever.  The Lord's prayer which is from Jesus, the Logos of God, goes on forever. Psalms 23, the written word of God, the Scriptures, goes on forever.  The Apostles Creed,  the spoken word of God given to us by the church, goes on forever.

May his word fall down like rain on our dry souls



The Lord's Prayer


Our Father, which art in heaven,




Hallowed be thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come. 
Thy will be done in earth, 
As it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive them that trespass against us. 
And lead us not into temptation, 
But deliver us from evil. 
For thine is the kingdom, 
The power, and the glory, 
For ever and ever. 
Amen.


Psalms 23



The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


The Apostle's Creed

I believe in God, the father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.He descended to the dead.On the third day he rose again.He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father.He will come again to judge the living and the dead.I believe in the Holy Spirit,the Holy Catholic Church,the communion of saints,the forgiveness of sins,the resurrection of the body,and the life everlasting. Amen.








Can you do me a Favor? If these ideas helped you or made you laugh, would you REACT. Do something. RESPOND. Leave a comment on this post. REPOST. Repost this link on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, or your blog.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did