Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Thankful for the little things

I have been doing a study on being more thankful.

I have been corresponding with my sister, who is in prison, and I asked her could you be thankful while in jail.  Her answered floored me.  She said she is more thankful in prison than she has ever been.  She told me the story about getting a cookie with her lunch one day.  She was over the top excited about that cookie.  She was so very grateful for such a small thing.  I have a whole jar of cookies in my pantry and will get upset that I can't find anything sweet to snack on.

I ignore the little things.  I should be very thankful for the small things in my life.  Truth be told they are not small, they are very big.

So I jotted down a few small(big) things I have been thankful for this week.

-Gloves- it was cold when I walked my daughter to school
-Superman water glass- I am a dork who likes water
-Ringtone on my ipod- it sounds like a medieval call to arms.  It reminds me to stop, pray, and take a break from sitting at my computer.
-Hot water- small thing that not everyone in the world has without making a fire
-My glasses- I would be in a mess without them.
-Soap- I like to smell good
-Cologna- see soap
-Game on my tablet, City Island- it is fun
-Muscle rub- I had a leg cramp, oh it hurt
-My wife- who helped and mocked me for said leg cramp
-My daughter who likes good movies- thankful that she knows good acting when she sees it

I could go on and on.

What are some small things you are thankful for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thankful for the little things?

I am thankful for the big things!

~yfw