Thursday, May 2, 2013

4 Truths For a Blessed Life

Genesis 12:1-3 The Lord had said to Abram, “Leave your native country, your relatives, and your father’s family, and go to the land that I will show you. 2 I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others.

-I want a blessed life, a life defined by God's favor and protection.  In order for that to happen these truths must be a part of my life.

1. I have to get out of comfort zone.
-Abraham had to leave the comforts of home.  He had to leave what he had always known, the things that were always comfortable for him.  He had to trust God to care for him.  He couldn't trust the things that had always meet his needs if he wanted to be blessed.

2. I have to desire something new.
-My imagination must be for something new, something good.  A land that God will show me.  I cannot be stuck in the endless cycle of sunrise, sunset if I want to be blessed.  Nothing new under the sun, no.  It is what is, no.  God has something new to show me.

3. Believe God is great and has something great for me.
-God told Abraham he would make him into a great nation.  In order to do that God must be great.  Do I believe God is that great?  Have I put a limit on God?  Can he do something great in and through little ole me? Can I have a great marriage, family, job, attitude, outlook on the future?

4. Know I am blessed so I can bless others.
-Many see God's blessing as something self focused.  It is all about their time, money, schedule.  That is not how God's blessing works.  God's blessing flows.  His blessing flows from Him to us then from us to others.  Let God's blessing flow through you to others.  Give every chance you get.  Listen to others dreams and concerns.  Pray for others needs.  Mourn with those who are mourning.  Weep with those who weep.

That's a blessed life.     

Sermon: The Blessed Life Part 1

No comments: