Thursday, January 20, 2011

What's Your Sign






I am very proud the say I have never started a conversation with, "What's your sign?" The Internet and western world has been up in the air with the changing of the horoscope signs. My guess is lots of people are highly upset their horoscope sign changed from one sign to another.

My personal thoughts about horoscopes are they are fake at best and evil at worst.

I know several sweet ladies who put a lot of stock in horoscopes. Do I think they are evil, no. Do I think they are misguided, I do. Do I think relying on horoscopes could cause them some real problems, yes I do.

Isa 40:26 26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing.

We should stop looking to the stars for direction and look to the one who created the stars for direction. Elohim(the eternal Creator God) has been around longer than the stars. Apparently astrologist have misplaced a couple of stars, but Yahweh has not.

Isa 40:31 31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

Those who hope in the Lord will be guided through life not those who check their daily horoscopes.

I don't know my sign and I don't care to know my sign. I do know God and desire to know Him more.


No comments: