Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 Minute Countdown Prayer




The other night I set the timer on my ipod for 5 minutes. For 5 minutes I did nothing but ask God to speak to me and form my soul. I didn't ask for anything. I didn't ask for a blessing. I didn't ask him to help us financially. I didn't ask him to help Living Hope. I just asked Him to speak to me, to form me.

I took out my notebook and wrote down any thoughts that came to mind.

If any action came to mind I wrote it down quickly, did not think about it, and went back to praying God speak to me and form me.

If someone came to mind, I quickly said God help them and immediately went back to praying God speak to me, God form me.

That 5 minutes went by quick. The church bells sounded on my ipod and I was not finished and God was not finished. So I set the timer again. That 5 minutes went by fast as well. So, I set it one more time.

It was a great time of prayer. It was an important time of prayer. I encourage everyone to give this a try.

No comments: