Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Wedding and a Funeral

I went to bed last night knowing I would be getting ready this morning to go to a wedding, my wife had informed me earlier in the week. I am happy for the couple, they really like being around each other. They don't argue, they have fun, and they are very considerate of each other. Their wedding was really nice.

However, the day started off with tragic news. Monica came in and told me a friend of mine was in a car wreck, his 4 year old little girl was killed in the wreck. That's any parents worse nightmare. I can't imagine the pain. I covered my head with my pillow and started grieving.

So it was a up and down kinda day. I was at the wedding and very happy for the couple, but all the while grieving for my friend. God tells us to mourn with those that mourn and rejoice with those that rejoice. A song was sung during the wedding, "In Christ Alone." This song helps to mourn and rejoice. It talks about life's pains. It also speaks of our hope and joy.

Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand.