Thursday, July 17, 2014

Looking For a Blessing

Isaiah 51:1-2
“Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness
    and who seek the Lord:
Look to the rock from which you were cut
    and to the quarry from which you were hewn;
look to Abraham, your father,
    and to Sarah, who gave you birth.
When I called him he was only one man,
    and I blessed him and made him many.

I am looking for God to bless me.

I try to cut myself out of a rock of self assurance, but there is not blessing there

I go down to the quarry of self sufficiency, but there is no blessing there

I am looking to the Father of faith and the mother of faith, Abraham and Sarah.

They left with nothing, but God blessed them

They left with no map, God blessed them by being their map

They left with insufficient provisions, because they did not know what they needed for this journey.  But God blessed them with the right provisions at the right time

So today I am looking for God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to bless me.

Rembrandt The Sacrifice of Abraham


No comments: