Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Bearing With People's Failings
15 We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. 2 Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. 3 For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”
1. Those of us who are strong and able in the faith need to step in and lend a hand to those who falter
2. Strength is for service, not status.
3. Each one of us needs to look after the good of the people around us, asking ourselves, “How can I help?”
4. That’s exactly what Jesus did. He didn’t make it easy for himself by avoiding people’s troubles, but waded right in and helped out.
5. Take on the troubles of the troubled