Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Slow Anger

James 1:19-20 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry, because our anger does not produce the righteousness that God desires.

Not many listen anymore.  We have our noses stuck in our phones.  We already have the other person figured out.  Why listen?

Quick to speak is more like.  I'm just waiting for you to stop blabbing so I can tell you my story.  No interaction at all with what you said.  I wasn't listening.

How did I get so mad, I didn't even listen to you.  OK, raise your hand if slow to become angry describes you.

If I get angry enough then that will produce right behavior in the person I am angry with.  All who believe that, stand on your head.

Lord help me.

God will help you if you believe his word and don't act the way we tend to act.

No comments: