Thursday, November 22, 2012

Living For Jesus


Living For Jesus”
1.     List 3 of your strongest temptations.
2.    How much it is written are you armed with to face temptation.
3.    List a verse for the areas of your life where you are constantly under attack.
4.    What are my personal goals that have taken short cuts to achieve?
5.    List one-way can I serve my family? Neighbors? Coworkers? Enemies?


It Is Written

1.      Lust.
-Matt 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
-I Cor 6:18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.
-Job 31:1 I made a covenant with my eyes not to look lustfully at a girl.

2.    Pride.
-Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.
-James 4:6 God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.
-Rom 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.

3.    Greed.
-I Tim 6:10 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.
-Heb 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”
-Luke 12:15 Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; a man’s life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.”

4.    Fear.
-Josh 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
-Isa 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
-I John 4:4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.

5.    Worry.
-Phil 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
-Matt 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
-Luke 12:25 Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

6.    Anger.
-Ps 37:8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.
-James 1:20 for man’s anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires.
-Phil 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.

No comments: