Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Living Hope's Verse Of The Week- Matthew 6:1


Matthew 6:1 Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.

-Doing good is, well, good.  But when we turn it into a performance, into a Netflix movie, we may get an applause but it will not be from God.

-Everyone look at me, my blog, me sermon, my gifts, my talents, my intelligence, my beauty.  It is all in 3D and HD.  

-What do I do?  It is so easy to perform.  Jesus tells us to "be careful."  Move forward humbly and cautiously.  Be Careful.

-Father forgive me when I have put on a show.  Examine my motives and give me a heart that acts right.

-Now I must go and share this post on social media, oh the irony.

No comments: