Monday, September 10, 2012

Delight In The Lord Song of The Week- Roll Away Your Stone



1. "Don't leave me alone at this time,
For I am afraid of what I will discover inside"

-The heart is desperately wicked.

2. "You told me that I would find a hole,
Within the fragile substance of my soul
And I have filled this void with things unreal,
And all the while my character it steals"

-For all have sinned and fallen short of God's glory.
-The younger son asks the father for his inheritance and goes out to fill his soul with things unreal. But he ends up in a pigpen with his character shattered.

3. "Darkness is a harsh term don't you think?
And yet it dominates the things I seek."

-A light has come into this world but the world loves darkness.

4. "It seems that all my bridges have been burned,
But, you say that's exactly how this grace thing works"

-That is real grace, when you know you don't deserve any kindness.

5. "It's not the long walk home
that will change this heart,
But the welcome I receive with the restart"

-The younger son was not changed by the walk home, he was changed by the father who welcomed him back home.

6. "And so, I'll be found
with my steak stuck in this ground
Marking its territory of this newly impassioned soul"

-Take up your cross and follow me. If we lose our life for his sake we will find it.

No comments: