Tuesday, July 10, 2012

One Day At A Time



1. I can only get one grain of sand through the hourglass at a time.

2. A famous rabbi, on a rocky hill,  told a crowd of people who gathered to hear him speak who were worried they could not make ends meet, "Have no anxiety about tomorrow."

3. I can only eat today's bread, and that's all I should ask for.  Day old bread becomes stale and tomorrow's bread is not made yet and may never be needed.  But if it is needed I will get it the same way I got today's bread, because by then it will be my daily bread.

4. Lead, kindly Light, amid th’encircling gloom, lead Thou me on! The night is dark, and I am far from home; lead Thou me on! Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see The distant scene; one step enough for me.

5. I have enough work, love, patience, concern, etc for this day alone. And that is all I need.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Sometimes one day at a time is all we can handle.