Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Favorites

1. I went swimming with my daughter in the neighbor's pool.  It has been so hot.  She is getting a lot more sure of herself as a swimmer.  It is fun to watch.

2. Our library had a program where  kids read to a dog.  It was really fun.  I want a dog bad.

3. Quote of the week, "Never laugh at your wife's choices; you are one of them."  I got more comments and likes about this than anything I have ever said on facebook.  I am not quit sure why it registered with so many people.  Or maybe I do know.

4. I added the book, How To Stop Worrying and Start Living, to my morning devotionals this week.  It is full of scripture and wisdom.  I recommend it to everyone.  I have read the book before but now I am going through it slowly each morning.

5. Tuesday night we went out for ice cream.  That was one of my favorite things with my wife this week.  Great way to beat the heat.  There is something special about going out for ice cream.  Something spiritual.

6. We are getting in the home stretch for "Our Father's Hand."  We had a lot of donations come in this week, thank you to everyone.  I also got a phone call from one Living Hope lady who is desperately trying to reach here neighbors through this ministry.  Please keep on the lookout for people we can help. Please pray for this ministry.

7. What was one of your favorite things from this past week?

No comments: