Wednesday, May 30, 2012

7 Ways To Defuse Drama

If we don't deal with drama, our emotions, our relationships, and our health seem like a ticking time bomb waiting to go off.

1. Recognize the drama.
-I must pinpoint what is causing my drama.
-I will not purposely cause drama in my own life.
-I will not receive drama from anyone else.

2. Resist the drama. James 4:7
-James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
-First drama in Eden partly because satan loves drama.
-Peter tried to cause drama but Jesus said get behind me satan.
-You do not have to submit to drama you resist it.

3. Refocus on the Spirit life.
-Don’t wallow in the drama.
-So much drama because that’s all we talk, think, and act on.
-We talk about our neighbor, coworker, friend's issues constantly.
-That gets in your soul, damages you.
-Go out and practice the fruit of the Spirit.
-In church, volunteering, with friends and family.

4. Refuse a drama script. Galatians 5:26
-Vs. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
-Don’t accept conceit, provoking, envying from others.
-Don’t write the conceited, provoking, envying Script yourself.
-You know you are writing a drama script, or being given one, when those 3 emotions pop up.
-Write a different script from the fruit of the Spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

5. Don’t Retaliate.
-Someone must be the first to take the hit and forgive drama people.
-I resist your drama, but at the same time I am not bitter at you for causing drama.

6. Relax.
-You can’t help what others do only what you do.
-Set up your drama boundaries then chill out.

7. Receive the gospel.
-I am not just saying get really good at avoiding drama issues.
-I am not saying get really good at living out the fruit of the Spirit.
-What I am saying is that we are good at causing drama.
-I am also saying I am bad at living the fruit of the Spirit
-So, we need a savior who overcame all our drama.
-We need a savior who perfected the fruit of the Spirit.
-He died the death we should have died for our drama.
-He made it possible by sending us his Spirit to live out the fruit of the Spirit.
-Now we eliminate drama, through Jesus.

Sermon: The Drama Life

1 comment:

gloria said...

I like this subject you are preaching on. I think everyone has some kind of drama in their life.