Friday, April 6, 2012

Friday Favorites

1. I really love Palm Sunday. My daughter helped me lay down the palm branches while worship practice was taking place. Thanks Helen for bringing the palm branches. Hosanna, Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.


2. This week was spring break and we took a couple of days and visited Chicago. I really enjoy metropolitan places. I think they are fascinating. Not sure I would want to live there but really great for visits.


3. We ate dinner at Harry Caray's Steakhouse. I grew up listening to him and watching the Cubs lose. He always cracked me up and I enjoyed the atmosphere.


4. Our "luncheon tea party" at the American Girl Doll store was a first for me, but it made my daughter happy, so what are you gonna do?


5. My favorite place we visited for just a brief moment was "The Fourth Presbyterian Cathedral." It is a beautiful stone building, over 100 years old. It felt very sacred. They don't make Wal-Marts like that.

6. The article I enjoyed most this week was, "Is It Okay To Use A Coupon On A First Date." It cracked me up. I think if you find someone who is cool with you using a coupon on the first date, that person is a keeper. You will be using coupons on your 100th date, that is for sure.

7. I am ready for our Good Friday service tonight at 7 p.m. I am ready to take communion with Living Hope.

8. What was your favorite part of your week? Leave us a comment and let us know.

No comments: