Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Daily Living God's Word-II Kings 19:14

Scripture: II Kings 19:14 Hezekiah received the letter from the messengers and read it. Then he went up to the temple of the LORD and spread it out before the LORD.

Observation: Life can be hard, even if you are a king like Hezekiah. Hezekiah was under attack from Assyria, who was stronger and more powerful. He did not know what to do and he took this threat on his life very seriously. He knew Assyria would destroy his nation. So Hezekiah took the written threat from Assyria and presented it before God. I can see him kneeling down in prayer and rolling out that death threat letter before God. He asks God to listen to the threats. He asks God to see the threats. He asks God to act upon these threats. Assyria had destroyed other nations, burning their gods. But Hezekiah said those other nation's gods were not real and could not fight back. He said God you are real, all powerful, and can fight back. God certainly did, 185,000 Assyrians were put to death by the angel of God and the Assyrian king was killed by his own sons.

Application: I will roll my problems out before God. If someone I care for is sick, I will take their picture unto my time of prayer. If it is financial, I will take a pay stub into my time of prayer. I will ask, believe, and wait to see what God can do.

Prayer: God as I think about my stepfather, Olin, being sick I bring him today before you. You are in control, not this sickness. I bring this to you. Listen, see, and act my Lord. In Jesus name, let it be so.


No comments: