Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Let the Psalms help you pray

Many people say do not know how to pray. I can understand that. But God has given us a whole book of prayers to be the tracks to guide our prayers.

Example. Let's say you are having a financial need in your life and really don't know how to pray. Well let's turn to Psalm 20 and begin praying.

Vs. 1 God answer me in this financial need I am in distress.
God protect me and my family as we go through these financial problems.

Vs. 2 God will you please send us some help. I know you are able to help financially.
God you are my support not my paycheck or my bank account.

Vs. 3 God I ask you to remember the relationship You and I have. Accept my prayers for this financial need.

Vs. 4 God give me the desires of my heart. God make my financial plans succeed.

Vs. 5 God I will make sure everyone knows that you did this for me.
God I want the flags of my life lifted up to you to bring You glory and not myself.
I bring my requests and not demands to a good Father who will do what's best for me.


So there you go, you just prayed well.

I love you guys.

In Jesus' Service,

No comments: